<< Previous | Next >>

Friday, June 20, 2003

Andrea’s Shower: Friday Five

This is a homebrew version of Friday Five in honor of Andrea’s week long baby shower.  Here’s the fun part, FIVE lucky winners (get it, Friday *Five*?) will randomly be selected from the participants to get a real, live, nifty-cool gifty from me.  As always, answer here, comment with a link, or slap me with some trackback, baby, so I know you’re playing along.  I’ll announce the winners on Sunday so that everyone two full days to play.

2. What are the two oddest names you’ve ever known anyone to have?
3. What are three challenges that parents today face that parents didn’t have to worry about twenty years ago?
4. Who were the four biggest influences of your childhood?
5. What are five things always given at baby showers?

Posted by Mommy on 06/20 at 02:06 AM
Posted under:

<< Previous | Next >>

Comments

andrea r  at  06/20/03 07:59 AM

1. that thing with the needle and thread hung over the belly to determine sex. And peeing in toilet cleaner.
3. Well, one is you can’t just let your kids go outside and wander around the neighbourhood, like we did when I was a kid, never showing up till mealtimes. Another one (girl-specific) is now we have to worry about our litle girls wearing outfits that don’t make them look like little tramps. And also, I think education is a huge deal.
4. My Mom and both sets of grandparents, but mostly the grandmothers. smile
5. Baby powder, shampoo, that baby soap, washcloths and receiving blankets.

Link to Comment

Jenn  at  06/20/03 09:14 AM

I posted mine in my blog!

smile

Link to Comment

Aimee  at  06/20/03 10:54 AM

(Editor’s note:  Sorry Aimee, I had to disable HTML cos of some fart knocker teenage kids messin’ with my code.  I hate that they’re smarter than me. *grin*)

Here’ is Aimee’s response http://www.hippycrites.com/criticalv2/archives/001563.html#001563

Link to Comment

Aimee  at  06/20/03 10:55 AM

Ooops, that was sposed to go to my entry in my blog…

Link to Comment

http://www.etherealreflections.com/blog/archive/00  at  06/20/03 02:09 PM

friday five 1. What’s the strangest myth/superstition related to pregnancy or babies that you’ve heard? Someone told me during my

Link to Comment

Laura  at  06/20/03 02:27 PM

What’s the strangest myth/superstition related to pregnancy or babies that you’ve heard? - getting pregnant with twins skips a generation (it doesn’t) and is hereditary (only with fraternal twins, and only on the mother’s side - after all, she’s the one releasing two eggs!)

What are the two oddest names you’ve ever known anyone to have? - We had neighbors when I was a kid who named their two girls Sunny Day and Starry Dawn. Hey, it was the 70s!

What are three challenges that parents today face that parents didn’t have to worry about twenty years ago? - Allowing their children freedom without putting them into danger, kids getting weird illnesses we never heard of when we were kids, and ummm…getting shot at school, I guess.

Who were the four biggest influences of your childhood? - My parents, my sister, and my cousin.

What are five things always given at baby showers? - Sleepers, blankets, a baby bathtub, bibs, and socks.

Link to Comment

Tamara  at  06/20/03 07:30 PM

1.  What’s the strangest myth/superstition related to pregnancy or babies that you’ve heard? If you have heartburn the baby will be born with lots of hair.

2.  What are the two oddest names you’ve ever known anyone to have? I like to think of them as unique! LOL My friend named her son Galt and the other name is Ralph. We have 3 in our family and I just don’t understand why it keeps continuing!

3.  What are three challenges that parents today face that parents didn’t have to worry about twenty years ago? That’s hard! But with Columbine I think bullying has gotten worse, I think the internet will bring lots of worries to me when my kids are old enough to use it and just that fact that things are different from when we were growing up. It seemed safer!

4.  Who were the four biggest influences of your childhood? My mom, my sixth grade teacher, my Grandpa and Cinderella! LOL I wanted to be a princess!
5.  What are five things always given at baby showers? Handmade blankets, strollers, onesies, lots of advice and bibs that say “I love Mommy (or Daddy)”

Link to Comment

Name:

Email:

Location:

URL:

Smilies

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?